Sunday, November 7, 2010

Journal #8

The descriptive language helped me shape my text into an overall exciting essay, but the diction and word choice did as well.
correction- The descriptive language, diction and word choice all helped me shape my tezxt into an overall exciting essay.

 Being so homesick in England, airsickness was a very strong word that related to being left alone. 
correction- After starting to feel homesick on my trip, hearing the word "airsickness' hit me very deep because it reminded me of the feeling of being alone.

Another thing that can completely change your persona, is your audience.
correction- Another example that can change you persona would be your audience.

Through out my trip to studying abroad, I learned that it is okay to be afraid and alone.
correction- Though out my trip I learned that it is OK to feel scared and alone.

After analyzing two different texts, I learned the way I was writing was for a certain audience
correction- I learned that I was writing for a certain audience once I read two different types of texts.

 When writing for a professional audience who I am trying to impress, I change my persona and identity as a writer hoping they accept me.
correction-I change my persona and identity as a writer for either a professional audience or a higher authority.

It is a terrible feeling getting sick on an airplane, and that is why I relate these dry heaves back to being homesick.
correction- When you get sick you dry heave and it is the most miserable feeling in the world and that is why I relate this feeling.

When writing this essay, . The descriptive language changes the whole perspective for viewers.
correction- The descriptive language helps viewers get a perspective on what the essay is about.

You can tell the difference in my writing when I am casually writing to a friend or if I am trying to impress someone. 
correction- When I am writing to a friend or writing to a teacher, you can always tell the difference.

After relating a personal story to my text however, really helped me see how certain diction and language can mean so much more.
correction- Relating a personal story to my text really allowed me to see how my diction and language can mean so much more.


After reading "Rules for Writers", I took Diane Hackers advice by correcting many of my sentences. When ever I used the word "where" I would fill that with the actual place that I was talking about. Instead of using many commas, I made the sentence flow a lot easier with out them. After reading the Hacker advice, I learned that most of the time you dont always catch your mistake. It helped a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment